Omega Time and Billing Export Option for ADD4PC
Data collected from the ADD-4 Copier Control unit(s) can be formatted for
importing into the Omega Time and Billing program. While the format below is
widely used, there are other formats available for Omega.
First Time Setup
To initially configure the ADD4PC Data Collection Program for interfacing
with the Omega Time and Billing Program, follow the setup procedure below.
- Select SETUP|User Defined Export Format.
- Create the following Export String: [DL],[AC=10][TS][QU][U$][E$]
- Click Save.
Note: the export string can be created by clicking - in the following
order - the Date (L), Account, TrsCode, Quantity, Unit Cost and Ext.Cost
buttons and then inserting the applicable special characters to complete the
Exporting Data to Omega
- After collecting ADD-4 data, select FILE|Export|My Export.
- Enter the desired date range and click Export.
- Under Save in: enter a directory path.
- Under File name: enter the name of the file to export.
- Click Save.
Once the data has been formatted and an export file has been created, go
into Omega’s import module and follow their instructions.
Note: Typically, the Omega Program will use the Quantity [QU] field
multiplied by the Client's rate to compute an extended cost for billing.
These values are customer preferences. They can use a default, or a client
specific or a client-matter specific amount to multiply the number of
copies/fax pages by.